[lbo-talk] bad for the party?

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 11:09:54 PDT 2008

shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote: At 02:04 PM 5/14/2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

>This is standard issue punditry these days. All of Clinton's attacks
>on Obama are damaging his image for the general, and giving the Reps
>ammo they can use. I think it's bullshit - it's a primary, and
>everyone's going to forget it by July - but they keep saying it over
>and over.
>
>Doug

like the reps couldn't think up similar and worse attacks on their own? and thanks to Steve for a brief rundown on the history of hotly contested races for presdinet (tm).

(BW) Cui bono? Pretty obvious that the ones who think this is "bad for the party" are Obama supporters. Certainly Hillary doesnt think her attempt to get the nomination by any means available is bad for the party. Neither do I. What might be bad for the party is O's failure to define himself progressively. Edwards' endorsement is not a substitute for this.

I hope I'm not repeating what someone's said earlier.