[lbo-talk] Labor Solidarity Event for Imprisoned Bus Drivers inTehran\Iran: Tues June 3 in NYC

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Thu May 15 18:30:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Doug and Lou almost never argued with the content of Yoshie's posts --

Oh, I thought they (Doug at least) strongly disagreed with her implied or overt assertion that the Iranian leader was perfect and infallible.

> they merely called her names for jposting them.

Names like "overposter" when she posted upwards of 10 times a day, and "unresponsive" when she'd post more articles instead of debate things she had already posted, it is true.

> Why they have to keep on
> making stupid sneers after she has left the lists is a mystery.

Even more mysterious, why a certain core of supporters consistently and willfully misconstrue her actions, what was done about them, and the true reason (such as it is possible for anyone besides her to know them) why she left this list, Proyect's list, Perelman's list.

> Perhaps
> Pope's portrait of Atticus explains Doug. He has a hard time tolerating
> those who do not hold him in awe.

Perhaps. Then again, if I want to see news articles I hit the news outlets, when I come here I expect discussion.