[lbo-talk] help fund a Grace Paley biopic

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri May 16 18:30:37 PDT 2008

Coincidentally, I read this not an hour ago:

"Mainly, as a writer, I have no need to dress for work in anything other than gym clothes, or no clothes at all for that matter, and when writers do try to 'dress up,' they are generally granted a lot of leeway. I remember attending a banquet with the poet and short-story writer Grace Paley, who appeared in a loose pink floral dress. When I complimented her, she confessed it was a nightgown, which was obvious on closer inspection." Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream by Barbara Ehrenreich

I believe I passed Grace in the hall once or twice, and regret never having struck up a conversation.