[lbo-talk] U.S. helps China with satellite data on quake

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sun May 18 04:50:35 PDT 2008

Reuters.com

U.S. helps China with satellite data on quake http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-China/idUSN1534136520080516?sp=true

Fri May 16, 2008

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has provided China with satellite images of earthquake-stricken areas, and will provide two planeloads of relief for quake victims this weekend, the State Department said on Friday. "I think we have provided them some overhead imagery," the department's spokesman, Sean McCormack, told reporters.

China on Thursday had requested high-resolution imagery of the region surrounding the south-central Chinese city of Chengdu to help find victims and identify damaged infrastructure. http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-China/idUSN1534136520080516?sp=true