[lbo-talk] the flag pin, etc.

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:19:21 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> Jerry Monaco writes:
>
> > (If we in the U.S. were allowed to take home our machine
> > guns after serving in the armed forces universal military
> > service would probably be much more respectable) ...
> > [ ... ]
> > Sorry to be pedantic ...
>
> One good instance of pedantry deserves another. By "machine gun" I
> presume you mean fully-automatic rifle; it's my understanding that if
> you want to keep your issued rifle after your period of service is over
> in the Swiss Militia, the full-auto feature is disabled.
>
> /jordan

In the U.S.A. we think it is our God Given 2d Amendment Right to disable anything that would disable an automatic rifle.

And to answer Woj's question, the Swiss have never ever invaded anyone officially, since the time they ended their bloody civil wars, though they have occasionally been hired out as kind of high-class mercenary body guard.

Jerry