[lbo-talk] Wired @ 15

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 11:13:43 PDT 2008

My favorite WIRED cover illustration/story is this issue from June, 1997:

http://www.magazine.org/Editorial/40-40-covers/33b.jpg

Hah. At exactly the time the above WIRED issue came out I actually owned an Apple Powerbook 3200cs, Power PC, Mac Os 7.6 or something. I wouldn't mind buying a copy of the above edition of the magazine and framing the cover over my "Mac table" that now has my iMac, iPod, and MacBook Pro on it now. (Now, I wo' go for that iPhone - ick.)

And I still have my old Apple Powerbook in the closet.

-B.

Dennis Claxton wrote:

"Only 15 years? Seems longer. http://www.wired.com/print/techbiz/media/magazine/16-06/ff_15th_rossetto"