[lbo-talk] Rove map

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 12:26:39 PDT 2008

At 12:12 PM 5/21/2008, Jerry Monaco wrote:

>But why specifically the Electoral College? And the state by state guesses
>of Rove? What does this get you in understanding intra-ruling class
>politics? What is the gain in knowledge?
>
>The point about it being like sports, I do understand.

I think Doug brought up sports not to say that politics is like sports, but that paying attention to electoral minutiae is like being a sports fan.

Talking heads yakking about the electoral college are very much like analysts talking about the game you just saw. I think John Kruk and Charles Barkley are funnier though. Maybe part of Keith Olberman's charm is he started out a sports guy.