[lbo-talk] On a more serious note...

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed May 21 20:10:19 PDT 2008

============================== He's pretty articulate in a gruff way calculated to appeal to the Appalachian working class, where his roots lie. I thought his invocation of a possible new populist alliance of blacks and poor whites was almost an open invitation to Obama to place him on the ticket. I thought he was a likely choice back in February (http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080204/002406.html) and still think he's on the short list, though there's now pressure to name a Clinton loyalist in the interests of party unity. Did he endorse anyone?