[lbo-talk] "State of the Unions: Why labor still rules in New York—and what that will mean this November"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:55:56 PDT 2008

Election Day 2006 was a cold one in Albany, so Danny Donohue, president of the Civil Service Employees Association (CSEA), wore a sweatshirt when he went out to wave a sign above his head, urging drivers to head to the polls on their way home. The sweatshirt was from Sen. Hillary Clinton's re-election campaign. The sign was from State Sen. Joseph Bruno's.

"People stopped and said 'Are you confused?'" Donohue recalled. "And I said, 'No, I'm selective.'"

http://www.nycapitolnews.com/news/125/ARTICLE/1233/2008-05-12.html