[lbo-talk] Rove map

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu May 22 14:10:38 PDT 2008

They could be such a register. They have been in in the past at various times and places. They probably will be again in the U.S.. But they don't register anything now about anything interesting or that we can't know in other ways. I agree with Jerry, which is why I've reduced my reading of LBO to quick peeks at a sampling of posts. Even shag's posts are beginning to be eye-closers.

It's going to be a dreary year for politics and political discussion.

Carrol

^^^^ CB: Not surprising that you have gone all ostrich on us, as actuality, actually ongoing history, is exposing the fundamental weaknesses of your whole theory on electoral politics and the impossibility of accomplishing things within the bourgeois two-party monopoly, etc., and discussions of it on the list. And of course, the central issue is race, which on the correct thinking side of your political brain, you recognize as central in American history and politics. That _should_ tip you off that what's going on is historically significant. It should cause you to ditch your anti-partisan, electoral politics dogma. And you do wield it dogmatically. Make a concrete analysis of the concrete situation , comrade.

The year may be dreary or it may be bright, but it will not lack a real struggle.

I'll send you a cc of this so you have to pull your head out of the sand for a moment.