[lbo-talk] Chris asks another obscure question

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 23 14:43:57 PDT 2008

hceline555 at aol.com wrote:
> At 09:03 AM 5/14/2008, Chuck Grimes wrote:
>

>> Prison is a culture all its own. I would highly recommended
>> it to anyone interested, especially sociologists,
>> anthropologest and political theorists.
>>

> Anyone with an interest in what the insides of US prisons are
> like may be interested in this live prison blog:
>
> http://noironyinprison.blogspot.com
>

> --H

How does this person host a blog anonymously in prison? The author states:

"...it is without a doubt that the prison would not appreciate the publicity and exposure they are about to receive, and should they have a hint I am the author, I would suffer immensely."

When my brother was in prison while he had net access for a limited period daily (unless some guard was having a bad day) everything was monitored. He couldn't any more post something like this than he could send out snail-mail unread.

I realize there are differences between prisons but unmonitored web access in a county prison? Perhaps this blogger is monitored and isn't aware of it? Nothing posted so far is particularly damning to this prison or the prison system.

John Thornton