[lbo-talk] "Theory's Empire," an anti-"Theory" anthology

Avery Ray Colter elf-cat at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 26 12:44:30 PDT 2008

>Much of what now passes for higher education across a
>broad spectrum of academic disciplines in the aptly
>named “liberal arts,” amounts in fact to a publicly
>funded conglomeration of Theory factories
>(universities), mass-producing Marxist/feminist
>propaganda, postmodern gibberish and the
>indoctrination and consent of young minds.

Well anyone could have told you: the real materialists study science, engineering, welding, and machining. :P

I think that is where the backlash comes from, truly. If we're going to think of the world in materialist terms, it seems like you'd get a better bead on it from your neighborhood mechanic than a Theory professor.

-- Avery Colter, <mailto:elf-cat at sbcglobal.net> <http://www.elfcat.net>

This message has been brought to you by Randy's Radiator-Fried Roadkill Sandwiches.