[lbo-talk] "Theory's Empire," an anti-"Theory" anthology

Ira Glazer ira.glazer at gmail.com
Mon May 26 13:31:47 PDT 2008

As Foucault said,

"On the otherhand, I've met a lot of people who talk about "the intellectual". And listening to them, I've got some idea of what such an animal could be. It's not difficult -- he's quite personified. He's guilty about pretty well everything: about speaking out and about keeping silent, about doing nothing and about getting involved in everything... In short, the intellectual is raw material for a verdict, a sentence, a condemnation, an exlusion..."