[lbo-talk] Weimar on the Pacific

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue May 27 10:37:50 PDT 2008

At 06:14 PM 5/23/2008, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>It's going to take
>three times as long to take the train as it presently does to fly
>(3hr/1hr).
>
>/jordan

This sounds like what people used to tell me about how long it took them to drive to work. I'd hear 20 minutes and couldn't believe it. Further prodding revealed they were counting only the time on the freeway. Count the time from leaving your door to sitting at your desk and you have to add another 40 minutes or so.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the train being slower, but saying you can leave Oakland at 9 am and be sitting on the 6th floor at Bunche Hall at UCLA at noon, with coffee and a good seat, just ain't so.