[lbo-talk] "Theory's Empire," an anti-"Theory" anthology

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 09:44:37 PDT 2008

I don't think Marx had any metaphysics whatsoever, materialist or not. He wasn't really interested in that stuff. Marx's materialism amounts (roughly) to the assertion that what people believe is determined by their material circumstances, with has nothing to do with metaphysics or the deeper nature of reality or the ontological relationship between mind and matter.