[lbo-talk] The Party Travels at Mach Speed: Iron Man, Real and Imagined

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 11:27:40 PDT 2008

Well, 99.xxxx% of beliefs are irrational. For instance, I believe in the existence of this planet called "Jupiter," and that it is really, really big and largely composed of gas. I have never actually seen Jupiter, but I have read about its existence and heard about it from people who I believe are in a position to know about such things. My belief in the existence of Jupiter, and my ideas about its nature, are based entirely on things I have heard from people I recognize as authorities. It is no different, subjectively, from the attitude of a medieval peasant taking the words of a cleric as authoritative.