[lbo-talk] The Party Travels at Mach Speed: Iron Man, Real and Imagined

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 13:24:04 PDT 2008

I never meant to imply that they got EVERYTHING from the clergy, or not even most things. The cleric in a little village was likely not even literate himself. I meant that the clergy were seen as authority figures in areas of knowledge, both because they were representatives of God and because anybody with any formal education, except maybe for a few nobles, was a member of the clergy.