[lbo-talk] "Theory's Empire," an anti-"Theory" anthology

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 16:02:03 PDT 2008

I'm sorry -- I think I must have muddled things up. I wasn't talking about Maoism's effect on the feminist movement, about which I know painfully little -- I was just making a flippant comment, extrapolating stupidly from my own experience with self-declared Maoists.

> shag wrote:
> I confused things in responding to Chris' charge of
orientalism by

talking about the Panthers and the WLM--parts of the '60s left that are

usually not counted when dissing the '60s movement because they were, you

know, effective. Chris didn't say the WLM specifically was

orientalist.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.