[lbo-talk] "Theory's Empire," an anti-"Theory" anthology

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sat May 31 09:49:05 PDT 2008

>>> Michael Pollak

You seem to be arguing that political theory and military theory are not natural sciences. I don't know who you're arguing with, though. This

seems like breaking down an open door.

Michael

^^^f CB: He's arguing with Marx and Marxism , and on this thread with me. Hello. Am I invisible or something ?

Marxism maintains based on what I have outlined in about my last 8 posts that there is a science and theory , in the scientific sense, of human history rooted in the necessary ( Thus, the terminology, Realm of Necessity). Some human aims and intentions are necessarily determined, determined by natural necessity. These give rise to phenomena that can be described scientifically, and theoretically, in the sense of scientific theory.

By the way, Mao was a Marxist. So, his use of "theory" is as in science in this sense.