[lbo-talk] WFP writes...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Nov 2 18:11:48 PST 2008

From: Dan Cantor Date: November 2, 2008 9:06:02 PM EST To: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: quick favor

Doug - I'm hoping you might send this around to some friends. People never remember to do this unless reminded, and the reminder is best when it's from someone they trust. Every little bit really does help.

DC

Dear Friends, New York isn't a swing state. Obama will win here. That's good.

But there's still one thing you can do to make that win a little better: Vote for Barack Obama on the Working Families Party line. It's Row E on the ballot, and it counts the same as a vote on the Democratic line. If you need to know more about why this is a good idea, go to: www.workingfamilies.org/obama

The short version is this: For 10 years, the Working Families Party has led progressive fights in New York for living-wage jobs, health care for all, and an economy that works for everyone. They're fighting to hold politicians accountable to working people, instead of the big money crowd.

If Democrats win on Tuesday, they're going to be under a lot of pressure to play it safe. We need to be bold, whether it's the economy, the health care crisis, or the need for a green path to energy independence.

The more votes cast on the Working Families line, the more we send a message to the Democrats: Be bold! Find out more: www.workingfamilies.org/obama

I hope you'll join me and vote for Obama on the Working Families line. Again, it's Row E.

Thanks, and see you at the polls.