[lbo-talk] A scary Halloween with Sarah Palin

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 10:26:04 PST 2008

I was watching Rear Window with my Russian roommie a few months ago and she commented that the apartment complex the film is set in looks totally Soviet.

The big highrises are the Khrushchev and Brezhnev era buildings. When Wendy was here, I was staying in a Stalin building -- I'm sure she can tell you the difference. (Currently I'm in a building built in the '90s.) Stalin-era stuff is much better than later stuff, for some reason.