[lbo-talk] competence, not ideology ... again

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Tue Nov 4 07:25:42 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 08:08:29AM -0800, Miles Jackson wrote:
> Matt wrote:
> >The obsession is not about theft, but about violence. Specifically
> >"compulsion" - violence threatened for not following a rule
> >(whether it be compulsion to pay a tax or compulsion to not do an
> >illegal drug) - is seen as the absolute worst ethical transgression.
> >
> >With, of course, the exception for self-defense or defense on behalf
> >of another.
> >
> By that logic--they object to a legal system and the rule of law, yes?
> (Sorry, andie, yer out on the street!)

In Libertania a lot of "crimes" would be settled as torts. And of course, contract law would be a big practice, since virtually every interaction between 2 or more people would require a contract. I would say Libertania would keep Andie plenty busy. ;)

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com yahoo msg: beyondzero123

"Hold your fire" - that's what I told the FBI.

-Kool Keith