[lbo-talk] Top Obama Adviser has long links to neo-cons

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 12:14:12 PST 2008

You are right perhaps Obama was already a neo-con but then that would hardly make him an agent of change. His policy towards Israel hardly represents change either. Why is Bush mad dog imperialism as against normal imperialism? Obama thought of rushing into Pakistan before Bush made a timid foray and Bush simply dabbles in drone attacks. Obama thinks of a great surge in Afghanistan but Bush has just sent a dribble more of troops there. Obama is getting out of Iraq only to get into Afghanistan. Also Obama wants to increase the size of the military. I guess this is just normal imperialism.

We will have to wait and see how long before Guantanamo is closed if Obama gets elected. What is Obama's position on cluster bombs?

Cheers, k hanly

Blog: http://kenthink7.blogspot.com/index.html Blog: http://kencan7.blogspot.com/index.html