[lbo-talk] Doug's Vote

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 4 13:24:54 PST 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 4:14 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Not that it matters in the larger scheme, since Obama will win NY
> and later the election, but I am curious -- why did you, Doug, vote
> for Obama, after all the accurate criticisms of him beforehand?

My critique of O was that he was basically just another mainstream Dem about whom people had a lot of illusions. As I've said before, there are ways in which a mainstream Dem is better than a Rep, and as long as those are our only choices, D is better than R. Not much, but still better. And as I've also said many times before, pres politics is not the place to build a movement. Voting for Nader or McKinney or any of those other wankers is just a waste of time. As Adolph said it's pretty much the same as not voting, only it takes more time.

<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Obama.html>