[lbo-talk] Doug's Vote

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 15:06:59 PST 2008

"Obama has inspired some idealism in people. He won't deliver on a lot of what he promises, but the movement around him has created an aperture, a momentum that we can build upon."

What "movement" are you talking about, Thomas? The movement to get him elected? Yeah, that clearly worked, but I keep hearing how the "left" and liberals in general are gonna put flame to his feet after he takes office. And how, exactly, is that gonna work? There's no mass movement in this country, nothing like FDR faced in 1933. O already sold out his supporters over FISA, not that most cared all that much or did anything about it. And with the right wing acting crazy toward him, which will become a burning cottage industry over the next four years, liberals will be defending his admin, much like they did Clinton's -- only this time, I think it'll be even more emotional.

I do think that O will deliver on his promises to Wall Street, the military, and police departments around the nation. And if I was an Afghan or Pakistani, I would hope that O wouldn't deliver on his promises to me.

Dennis