[lbo-talk] Doug's Vote

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 4 15:07:43 PST 2008

Michael Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:29:45 -0500
> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
> > Who am I,
> > white boy leftist, to dismiss all that?
>
> Even us white-boy leftists are entitled to think
> for ourselves. Last I heard.

Yup. I voted for McKinsey and a Green congressional candidate, for a living wage ordinance. And that was all. The rest blank. Lucky, because I found out that with my eyes I have to have someone do the voting for me. Had I wanted to vote on all races we would have been there all night.

I would have been happier had I been able to vote for McKincey in a swing state instead of Illinois. Any vote is meaningless here.

Carrol