[lbo-talk] Doug's Vote

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Nov 4 22:03:54 PST 2008

At 12:44 AM 11/5/2008, shag wrote:
>At 11:01 PM 11/4/2008, John Thornton wrote:
>>John Thornton wrote:
>>>If I were white I would feel uncomfortable...
>>
>>This should more accurately read "If I were white I BELIEVE I would feel
>>uncomfortable...."
>>
>>Shag recently wrote that sometimes I really piss her off.
>>I wonder if my earlier post also pissed her off?
>>
>>John Thornton
>
>huh?

are you talking about taking the side of people of color in the election?

if so, nah. i said long ago that i'd vote obama since i'm in VA

i'm very much in support of _decentering_ whiteness, which does NOT necessarily mean centering people of color.

but what I would ask is, why draw the boundary around the u.s. and the people of color within the u.s.

what about the uhuru movement, with which I'm closely associated. they don't support obama at all b/c they argue that he is not in support of people of color world wide. if you aks them, dennis is right. a democrat dropping bombs on their heads isn't much in support of people of color in afghanistan, iraq, pakistan, iran.

so, _which_ people of color? the ones who might have bombs dropped on their heads? or just the ones in the u.s.? granted that mccain would drop bombs on their heads too. the issue is, of course, the tendency to end up defending the decision of democrat for bullshit domestic issues where were wave flags for The One, supporting his every move, in order to prevent the fuckstain conservatives from getting a stranglehold on our electoral system. sure, sure, the democrats suck , but the republicans suck harder. i'm tired of that shit. yes.

shag