[lbo-talk] brother can you spare a dime?

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:42:01 PST 2008

CG wrote:

> Julio et al must be loaded and filing through the NYC throng.

I wish.

Our friends and neighbors were split between John Stewart's show and the regular networks. We only have basic Direct TV, so only the latter group stayed with us. We all waited for Obama's speech and then went to bed. The other group must have kept their orgy going for a while -- who knows when or whether they disbanded.

I had to wake up at 5, get myself ready, bike my son to his day care in Park Slope, and then up to work in the Heights. My 100+ students have their second midterm exams today. One of the sections is having their test right as I type this. But I know something happened here, because all people on the street seemed much nicer to me this morning.

I hope I can take that weekend off stretching into Jan 20 to go to DC as per Tariq Ali's advice -- celebrate and bring the Out of Iraq and Single-Payer Universal Health Care signs.

It's time to heed Fidel's advice to Lula:

"If my estimates [of an Obama victory] should be erroneous, all kinds of racism prevail and the Republican candidate obtains the presidency, the danger of war would grow and the opportunities of the peoples to advance would be reduced. Despite everything, we must fight and raise awareness about this, no matter who wins these elections."

We must fight and raise awareness no matter who won the election.