[lbo-talk] celebration

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 07:33:46 PST 2008

Shane:

Just to clarify: Oblablabla represents what comes out of the "Black" side of His mouth. What has come out of the "White" side--FISA, Embargo, Afghanistan, Bailout, Impeachment, Iraq, Israel, Venezuela, etc.--would better justify the nickname Obomber.

Maybe you should clarify your clarification.

Because to me, it sounds like you're saying Obama's being 'black' when he delivers a pretty speech but is showing his 'white' aspects whenever he wonkily talks about technocratic and imperialist management topics.

I'll try to remember this division during the day.

But how would it work? Let's see...maybe, while inspiring friends with stirring words (or just having a laugh at lunch) my soulful blackness is front and center. Later, when I'm trying to work through the pointy headed technical details of a Beowulf cluster, I'm pushing the tendencies of my Scottish great grandad to the fore.

W.T.F. Mage?

.d.