[lbo-talk] have to say it

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Nov 5 08:49:16 PST 2008

At 09:42 AM 11/5/2008, Charles Brown wrote:
>^^^^
> my mother said "that dress is terrible with that red thing in front."
>
> oh well, there's no accounting for tastes.
>
>emily post

:) yeah, a judgement about last night only, not the whole wardrobe just to
correct any misconception.

See, I had only had a tiny sip of champagne and I went back into the living room and looked and asked, "Why is Elvira on stage?"

Seriously, from a distance it was like a dress Elvira might have worn -- the red looked like elvis fur attached to the dress. *shrug*

I was reading somewhere once about how something might look nice person-to-person or in a dressing room mirror, but when you get that same outfit on TV or on a stage, then it looks totally different. I don't remember who someone was giving this advice to or who was even saying it, but it was in the context of learning to dress differently if you have to be on television or on stage.

Also, did the men on the cable news channels all have a simultaneous outbreak of "Let me pick the worst tie I own to mismatch with my suit"? One dewd had on something purple that didn't match the wide pinstripe suit which didn't look right with the light blue shirt. Another had some skangy looking tie with one of those white collar/light blue shirts -- but with a drab ill-fitting suit. Rove was wearing some dogawful orange tie.

*double shudder* I finally got a load of Rove saying chillingly evil impish things last night. I can't recall the substance exactly, but I, for the first time, saw the evilness ooze out of him -- a mean streak of vengefulness. ISTR that he was talking about how he estimated the Dems won, or maybe his estimate of what the republicans would be up against. I never watched enough TV these past years to pay attention to him but oiy vey. Meanness incarnate, that guy.

shag

* as for her wardrobe in general, she always dresses well, I think. My only complaint is that it is so Jackie O, I sometimes want to zap myself to where she is, rush up on stage and hand her a pillbox hat with netting or something. Even so, she's never looks poorly dressed.