[lbo-talk] card check

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 09:46:23 PST 2008

Right.

If all the big 3 automakers go belly up, where except the hotel biz will there be any unions to care about card check?

If Obama's healthcare plan is the brilliant success he plans what will we need unions for anyway?

Fox needs to put in an order for new monsters under the bed.

On the possibly up-side, a union-backed measure to require long-term care providers to do 75 hours of training for employees and national background checks (?!?!--I so heart the marriage with dubious state apparatus of that) is ahead 3-1 in WA. People I know hate the measure because it could present tough barriers for people caring for their own family members. Also not sure it will do a darn thing for grey-market informal situations. I think it would be nice if this measure promoted greater employment stability and better service for people in a tough business, and it's pretty clearly a needed counterweight to Nursing Home Inc. My mother just thought it's outrageous that WA has, she thought though I am unsure, lower standards in this area than Repubboland MT. But the measure is killing in the polls at least.

DC