[lbo-talk] The Irish reaction

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:59:45 PST 2008

Serious media lovefest on for Obama and most ordinary people here are thrilled too. By 10 o'clock this morning I was already sick of people wanting to talk to me about it.

A bit of doom and gloom from those who think Obama's going to cut FDI, something the economy here has been insanely over-reliant on.

But the best comment so far comes from the Principal of the primary school in Moneygall, County Offaly (home of Obama's maternal ancestors): "I suppose we can expect busloads of Yanks pretty soon."