[lbo-talk] Obama picks Rahm Emanuel, free trade fanatic & welfare "reformer"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 17:00:11 PST 2008

How about JP Morgan Chase CEO on tap as Treasury Sec'y?

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/fortune/0806/gallery.obamas_advisors.fortune/3.html

Did FDR have a banking CEO in comparable position?

So we have Rahm Emanuel, the welfare hater and free trade advocate, and a Fortune 500 CEO. Yay! Recycled Clinton admin. officials and CEOs -- change we can believe in?

When I saw Naomi Klein, she said vote Obama, have no illusions, an nce he is in -- push, push, push him HARD to the left.

None of this eliminates the need for good old fashioned grassroots, community and labor organizing, of course.

-B.