[lbo-talk] the right fulminates

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 20:17:03 PST 2008

It sure is. I love the new trope that is going around, that GWB not only wasn't a "conservative" but he wasn't even a Republican. I've seen quite a bit of this in recent days, quite seriously proposed. These guys are completely demented. And can someone explain to me when the republican party was "conservative"? It's been the party of capital virtually throughout its existence, but when was it "conservative"? Under Harding and Coolidge?