[lbo-talk] Obama picks Rahm Emanuel, free trade fanatic & welfare "reformer"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 07:33:08 PST 2008

I think it's hard to argue that Marx did not view "advanced," urbane (and urban), industrial peoples as superior to others. It is behind his and Engel's negative views of Jews and Slavs (and basically everybody who wasn't a Brit, German, or French). Bakunin wrote about this, since it kind of pissed him off, being a Slav. And no I am not saying he was a racist.

I have a whole book of quotes of this stuff, since finding them was kind of a cottage industry in Russia in the 1990s. ;)