[lbo-talk] AP: Obama takes North Carolina

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 6 12:49:31 PST 2008

Sean Andrews wrote:
> [now we're just waiting for the Bellwether to swing]

The bellwether is most likely going to peal for McCain. Obama is ~5500 votes down and there are just over 7000 provisional ballots to count. While the provisional ballots are expected to be overwhelmingly for Obama expecting less than 1000 of them to be for McCain seems unrealistic. The Republican get out the vote push and fear mongering garbage in the last week was unbelievable and helped McCain immensely. That and this areas well known racism of course. I've already seen one sign "reminding" Obama to bring his shoe shine kit to the White House. But according to some white guy no one should ever feel hurt while experiencing such racism.

John Thornton