[lbo-talk] Is prop 8 constitutional?

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 23:08:44 PST 2008

Actually, I don't think that the Cal Supreme Court can invalidate a ballot proposition that amends the state constitution on state constitutional grounds. If the full faith and credit clause is inoperative because of the DOMA, I can't think of any federal constitutional reason to invalidate Prop 8. It's going to take another ballot proposition to repeal it, and that will require organizing.