[lbo-talk] Kuttner: How Obama could have an FDR-like 1st 100 days

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 04:15:07 PST 2008

That has indeed been my hope, what Michael Pollack writes about a first 100 days.

The 1st 100 days is also when Johnson pushed through a lot of his Great Society stuff. Like I said, this is just hope -- and no I don't have any illusions blah, blah, blah. But he has come into office in the "right" economic conditions to enact the kind of aggressive federal activity James K. Galbraith mentioned in that excellent video Shane Taylor shared.

(That video is here, btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihL8wz4LUp4 ) <- highly recommended.

And yes I have read and own Dennis Perrin's _Savage Mules_, but still,

-B.

Michael Pollak wrote:

"Cheering, and not 100% implausible: http://www.alternet.org/story/106204/ "