[lbo-talk] Russia's Medvedev to clamp down on extremism

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Nov 7 07:05:36 PST 2008

Russia's Medvedev to clamp down on extremism http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-Russia/idUSTRE4A46TC20081105

Wed Nov 5, 2008

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said on Wednesday he would take a tough stance against extremism and hate crimes in Russia.

"I consider it my duty to warn those hoping to aggravate the political situation. We will not allow them to foment social and ethnic hatred, to cheat people and drag them into illegal activities," Medvedev said in his first state-of-the-nation address. http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-Russia/idUSTRE4A46TC20081105