[lbo-talk] Obama Administration to seek "middle ground" with business

Jenny Brown jbrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Nov 7 07:35:17 PST 2008

SR wrote:
>The Employee Free Choice Act is already in grave peril.

It never wasn't. But hey, if the economic devastation continues apace, and we react in large enough numbers, a panicked Congress might cave. But they'd have to be scared witless, in which case it would be a sorry shame if EFCA is all we get out of it.

SA wrote:
>...shelving the EFCA would be the biggest
Democratic sellout of labor in 30 years.

That 'betrayal,' when it comes, will be just the kind of reality check we'll need to get the labor movement looking for the Labor Party again.

Jenny Brown