[lbo-talk] Down with progress(Was Re: Obama picks . . .

Jenny Brown jbrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Nov 7 08:20:20 PST 2008

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>Bring back the Black Death! And 50% female childbirth mortality rates! State-enforced patriarchy! Property-based all male >suffrage!

Leaving aside whether these or similar conditions have actually been eradicated all over the world, do you think it's inevitable that they won't come back? And then, what's the reason? Because I thought that was the issue Carrol raised, the inevitability of progress, not whether progress has occurred.

Jenny Brown