[lbo-talk] more DLC

joseph noonan joseph at noonan.ws
Fri Nov 7 11:48:40 PST 2008

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/06/AR2008110602898.html
>
> The Plan: Big Ideas for America, By Rahm Emanuel and Bruce Reed
> http://www.readtheplan.com
>
> "Emanuel's Keynote Address to the 2008 DLC National Conversation"
> http://www.dlc.org/specials/NC2008/Emanuel_Keynote/
>
> "DLC Bi-Partisan Congressional Debate Series"
> http://www.dlc.org/specials/Congress_Debates/

But Doug, you don't understand, Emanuel is non-ideological -- I heard as much on NPR this morning. You see, *ideology* is like *partisianship*, it's BAD. Right wing, left wing, it doesn't matter, it's all bad.

But there is nothing ideological about being a radical free trade fundamentalist or a frothing Zionist. Those are 'centrist' and thus non-ideological positions.

I hope this clears things up.

Excuse me while I go vomit now.

-j