[lbo-talk] and you thought the DLC was dead?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Sat Nov 8 10:02:33 PST 2008

People talk about DLC as if it's like some trotskyist sect that imparts a world view and daily marching orders to a membership duly obsessed with its duties.

Regarding their 'rising star' designation, they do that with all sorts of new pols. It's a recruitment device. Doesn't always take.

RE: Austan, he was named a 'Senior Economist' to both the DLC and their think tank, PPI, in 2006, wrote one or two pieces for them in 06-07, hasn't had anything to do with them since that I could find. He's certainly a centrist in orientation, like the people who put Obama over the top.

If we are looking for possible falsifications to your theory, who would qualify? Reich or Bonior?