[lbo-talk] and you thought the DLC was dead?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Sat Nov 8 16:13:18 PST 2008

Michael Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:09:28 -0500
> "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> We've just had the worst. Do we feel better?
>
> Personally, I didn't feel all that great after
> National Merit brainiacs Carter & Clinton either.
> In fact I think you could make a pretty good case
> that these mighty intellects constructed the
> situations in which Reagan and Bush respectively
> came to power.

Re: Carter I think I voted for Barry Commoner. Last two years of Carter were first two of Reaganomics. Carter was ruined by Iran.

Only voted for Clinton once, in 92. It's true, both WJC and LBJ each in their own way laid the basis for subsequent Democratic political doom. Though LBJ did a ton of good stuff, Clinton not so much.

Maybe you have to live through three such debacles to give up. I'm only on number two so far.