[lbo-talk] Marx and Engels on the lazy Mexicans, Slavs, Scots, Basques, Bretons, native Americans

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Sat Nov 8 20:30:30 PST 2008

James, This very classically marxist. I would be curious as to your opinion on Clastres work in Society against the State, which argues that so called primitive societies have successfully resisted the implementation of the state form, rather than being backwards (this is a bit reductive in its formulation by the way). Robert Wood