[lbo-talk] obama's end run around the democratic party?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Nov 9 08:00:04 PST 2008

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008, SA wrote:

> Policy is complicated. A real organization has people whose whole job is
> to distinguish real from fake, then take a position and explain it to
> the base. The resulting campaign of protest might win or might lose, but
> whatever happens an organized interest is less likely to get snookered.

That remains to be seen, since we haven't seen how the other one works yet. But playing to the base in the primaries and fucking them the rest of the campaign and the term is as old as the two party system.

I don't understand how you guys can be positive about predicting the future of something that hasn't existed previously but I'm sure you have ways.

Michael