[lbo-talk] did anyone actually get involved with the obamacampaign?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Nov 9 18:14:50 PST 2008

At 08:55 PM 11/9/2008, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>While all this experience of poll workers is interesting, I thought shag's
>question had more to do with people who worked on the _campaign_ ... that
>is, the 24 months leading up to Election Day, not Election Day itself.
>
>/jordan

yeah. i don't care if you volunteered to be a poll watcher, which isn't party affilated, is it?

the barcode thing was more a reference to the use of data mining throughout the campaign. targeting people in much the same way Reader's Digest Sweepstakes do, stuff like that.

But also interested if you used facebook or my.barackobama.com or hosted a house party or got a demo going around an issue or cleaned up a neighborhood park or... etc. If you did, what was it like, who did you meet, what is your assessment of what went on, who was most involved, what their politics were, what their expecations were, etc. etc. My experience is isolated, so hearing about yours would round it out.

also, while were on the topic, for those who believe this is a movement that can be advanced in a radical direction, are there any specific plans for that? Do you have thoughts on it -- especially given your experience with the campaign itself? of all people, I'd think Chuck Grimes could scare up some sort of pie in the sky plan of how he'd do it, if he had money and tons of time to start a movement.

nuts and bolts, please.

shag