[lbo-talk] Juan Cole: Emmanuel Rahm deserves some slack on Israel

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Nov 10 12:23:33 PST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008, SA wrote:

> Here's something taken almost at random from Peace Now's "positions"
> page. Is this something you could picture Rahm saying?

Sure. The essence is that the fence steals too much land and causes more bad blood that is necessary. That's pure Peace Now for better or worse and exactly Rahm's kind of thing. There's a couple of words there he wouldn't use. But their just decoraation to make Peace Now sound more radical than it is. The position would be the same.

I'm not claiming great things for Peace Now and the mainstream "reasonable" establishment. I'm just saying there's a palpable difference between that and where the blogamarole seems to think Rahm is coming from.

Michael