[lbo-talk] did anyone actually get involved with theobamacampaign?

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Nov 10 13:53:47 PST 2008

>>> "Chuck Grimes"

Then I'd go home at night, read LBO, and catch myself. Wake up. Obama ain't FDR and no LBJ either. I'd remind myself, we are not going to get the New Deal and the War on Poverty all rolled into one, ^^^ CB: How'd you reach that conclusion ? Do you remember LBJ before he got the Civil Rights/Great Society/War on Poverty going ? He was a Southern segregationist Senator. No hint that he would make the historic changes he did. It is well known that FDR came in with a "conservative" spoken position. Both were to the right of O before they were in office.

Then I'd get dower...