[lbo-talk] change

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:40:12 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Dwayne Monroe <dwayne.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ha!
>
> Tremendous.
>
> At the rate Obama's reaching back to the wreckage-strewn past past to
> build the future, I'd scarcely be surprised if he resurrected Pontius
> Pilate to serve as special envoy to Judea.

I don't know...with Volcker as an option, Albright seems almost recent.

Still, quite amazing how completely incorporated he appears right from the get-go. I know he's establishment, but geez does he have to prove it from day one.

I will say that about Bush II, he always chose a wingnut, but he usually had a pocket full of mostly unknown ones, of many different colors and flavors, so he could keep us guessing. When he happened to pull out someone like Kissinger (for 9/11 commission, I believe) or Elliot Abrams, it immediately struck a chord because we *knew* who that mofo was. Otherwise, he made us work to connect the dots.*

Changeman is not even trying to obfuscate. Except, of course, with the 'change' part.

*in retrospect, I guess I mean the later administration appointments. Obviously the first set of cabinet officials were mostly old school republicans or PNAC visionaries who had recently rejuvenated said republican stalwarts. And he held onto that casting for some time. But round 2 (and sometimes 3) was more of a mixed bag. So maybe we already had "change" like this.